Tuesday, January 20, 2009

My Mother's Lemon Cheese Cake

I feel like I've just found the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow !!! I want to share with you a recipe my mother used to make many years ago - 40 years ago to be precise ! This is the BEST cheese cake I have ever tasted and I've been searching for the little piece of paper its written on for ages now. Tonight, while browsing through an old binder I found it, so do yourself a favour and try this .............


Lemon Cheese Cake

Ingredients:

1/2 lb Nice biscuits

5 oz Margarine

1 pack Philadelphia Cream Cheese

1 lemon jelly

3/4 cup water

1 small tin Carnation milk

1 lemon

3/4 lb Castor sugar


Method:

Crush biscuits and add to melted margarine. Place in dish and put in 300 deg F oven for about 20 minutes.

Mix cheese and castor sugar.

Mix jelly, water and juice of lemon

Beat milk then gradually add cheese mixture and lastly jelly.

Refrigerate.


I told you this was an old recipe so you'll need to do the conversions to metric - sorry !!

You can leave me a comment if you do them and that'll save me the bother of trying to work them out for myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you. xox