Monday, August 2, 2010

Big day for horses

Did you remember to wish Ned a happy birthday yesterday ? Of course this special day is only for horses in the southern hemisphere - their northern hemisphere cousins have to wait till January 1. Anyway, did you hear this one .....

A man has a racehorse, never won a race. Man in disgust says," Horse, you win today or you pull a milk wagon tomorrow morning." The starting gate opens, the horses take-off, they move the gate away and there lays his horse asleep on the track. He kicks the horse and asks, "WHY ARE YOU SLEEPING. The horse, half asleep says, "I have to get up at three in the morning."

My weekend was quite productive. Finished the 15 x 8" squares for charity and tomorrow they'll be winging their way to Queensland where they'll be made into blankets for Project Love and Care, one of the organisations Knit4Charities is supporting this month.



I don't think I want to see another square for a little while. To finish off my weekend of crochet, I made this little purse



Don't know what I'll be doing with the purse but it was a change from making squares.

4 comments:

  1. I feel like that horse at the moment LOL.... to long in the garden..
    Your purse is beautiful.. I love the colour and sounds like you enjoyed making it..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Pat. I also spent some time outside today .. managed to lock myself out of the house !! Shut and locked the front door only to find out that the key in my hand was the letterbox key and not the house/car key. Thank goodness my DD was home and she came over with her set of keys to let me back in.
    I did enjoy making the bag but think if I made it again I'd make it a bit smaller.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thst purse looks familiar Dorothy..LOL.. i think i have one just like it...:))It is beautiful though..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello there! Popping around and found your blog...beautiful little purse..and I like the color it is soothing..very pretty. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you. xox