Monday, November 30, 2015

Corridor - KAL and Food

I think I've mentioned before that my stepfather lives in a nursing home here in Canberra. Last time I visited I was amazed at what they'd done in one of the corridors. Of course I grabbed my phone and took a couple of pics -

 
Don't you just want to go up those steps and go into that house?


My Hitchhiker scarf is growing ever so slowly and it doesn't help that I'm doing other things at the same time.  Teresa (who started this little KAL) asked me for an update so I thought I'd post my progress here as well. I reckon I might have this finished by next winter !!


On a lot of the blogs I read there are pictures of some delicious looking cooked dishes, recipes etc. so I thought I'd show you a couple of meals I've enjoyed over the past few days. Because I only have myself to look after and dislike wasting left-overs, I buy my food from Light n Easy and the only purchase I really need to make is 1.25L of milk each week. I also enjoy the variety in the meals. Its all cooked by a chef and is delivered to me each week in a polystyrene esky. Of course I do add a little treat here and there - chocolate now and then doesn't hurt anyone eh?

These Beef Nachos with Fresh Tomato Salsa and melted cheese are one of my favourite lunches.


The next day lunch was Lemongrass Chicken Bites on a salad, topped with roasted peanuts and dressing. 


Afternoon tea was Tropical Fruit, cranberries and toasted coconut with vanilla yoghurt. Yum.


Its a beautiful sunny day here so I think I'll go outside and do a bit of knitting. Hope you're enjoying your day too.

Till next time
xox

3 comments:

  1. Wow, the murals in your stepfather's nursing home are fantastic.. I bet the residents just love them! Your scarf is growing faster than mine.. but my yarn is so fine! Your meals look delicious! Our DIL does most of our cooking.. at least for dinners.. we make our own breakfast and lunches. I hope you have a lovely week ahead. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That nursing facility looks fantastic. Love all the yummy food you are showing us. My Hitchhiker is slowing moving along, I need to get after it and get more done!
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love LOVE the colour of your scarf, really gorgeous :)
    Jullxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you. xox