Sunday, January 8, 2012

First FO's for 2012

Its hard to believe that we're already a whole week into 2012. Its been very quiet around here and I've had plenty of time to be productive but instead of taking that opportunity, I must admit I've been a bit lazy and have just been vegging out !! If I'm going to achieve my personal goal of 50 hats by end of June, I really must get a move on as there will be other projects I'll want to be doing in between.

My first FO for the year is a favourite pattern of mine - the Addison hat by Julie A Bolduc (free pattern here)
Of course there were the usual necessary tweaks because of our Australian yarn. This is hat number 11.

Moving on ... Knit4Charities had their first KAL (knit-a-long) a few days ago which was a lot of fun. We were told to use either pastel or happy bright colours but had no idea what we were making. A certain number of rows were emailed each day and of course there was a fair amount of speculation going on as to what we were doing. Turned out it was a pair of booties ..

Did you notice hat number 12 in that pic? Couldn't waste that left-over yarn. By the way, the colour in the second picture is correct - the lighting must have been a bit off in that first one.
This little set will be donated to the Miracle Babies Foundation (Tas).

Hmmm now, what to make next ?? A cat blanket, dog blanket, try out a square pattern, more booties ?? I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure. Oohh I can hear "Greensleeves" so Mr Whippy must be in the neighbourhood. Perhaps I'll have an ice cream.

9 comments:

  1. They are lovely Dorothy.. Baby items are so sweet :))
    I had to laugh, an icecream for sure LOL
    I hope it was enjoyable :))
    I am making baby clothes for a young mum in Melbourne at the moment and finding it so enjoyable :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the hats and the booties are great, too. Why not just dive right into another hat? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know what? I've been vegging out too. There is so much whirl before and during xmas that I was whirled out to a nubbin. Too much online Scrabble and Words with Friends.. ?? hmmm.. maybe. :-)
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-) yin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyone needs time to veg. It happens. But I have no doubt you'll get your hats finished. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a fun KAL, and the booties are adorable. Makes a lovely set with the matching hat! I'd try out a new square pattern myself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What cute baby sets. Love how you picked such cheerful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy your lazy time, you'll craft all the better for some slow time. Hope you enjoyed your ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely Dorothy... That hat is so easy to do and looks really in red. I have made a few for my gd's in the past as well as for others. Love the baby things, so cute.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are really pretty Dorothy. But the icecream idea sounds like a winner to me!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you. xox