Thursday, March 14, 2013

Ta-Da - Aussie Swing

This afternoon I finished this dear little jacket which was designed by Maria T, one of our very talented members on Knit4Charities.


As you'll see, its knitted sideways and I just love that the only sewing needing to be done is stitching on the two buttons. The pattern is easy and well written - I enjoyed making this jacket and will be doing more in the future. As Maria has pointed out, you can substitute the feather and fan for any other stitch so its quite a versatile pattern. Maria is donating all proceeds from the sale of this pattern to Knit4Charities to help with expenses.

Another friend, a different Maria from The Next Stage blog has been doing a lot of reminiscing lately and following up on a comment I left for her, we got to talking about when I worked in Sydney radio many years ago. It was an exciting time as many overseas artists were coming to Australia on promotional tours. Of course, being a programme arranger (selecting the music to be played) I got to meet quite a few interesting people. I spent a few hours the other day looking through some old photos and was only able to find these two with Dudley Moore (remember Peter Cook & Dudley Moore).  Dudley was a talented musician and was here to promote his records.


I'm sure there are other photos lurking around somewhere but goodness knows where !  These photos were taken at a cocktail party hosted by Dudley's record company and that's me in the black dress. Some of my Aussie friends might recognise Phil Haldeman (radio announcer) on the left and Gayle Austin on the far right. Gayle at that time was working with us in the record library but later went on, at 17 years of age, to be Australia's first female rock DJ on 2JJ now known as triple J in Sydney.

Before I go, I have to share something with you - found this on facebook and figured that all of us bloggers might find it amusing ...


Better be off now before you all accuse me of breaking rule #8 !!!!

10 comments:

  1. The little jacket is lovely Dorothy... some mother is going to love that for her baby.. Well.. what an interesting life you have had.. Great photo's... xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What an interesting post! I love the little jacket; it looks amazing! Great photos with Dudley Moore and I love your LBD...very smart! heh heh...love that poster too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sweater is divine! You are amazing! What a gorgeous young woman you were, but you're also a gorgeous woman now, too. I read that list to hubby and we both got a kick out of it. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely pattern for baby, No joins has to be a bonus :))
    Dudley Moor never seems to get any older,
    Love to see more pics if you can,:))

    ReplyDelete
  5. You could have called this the "Maria's posts"
    Beautiful work Dorothy, I hope you get a lot of use out of the pattern.
    Amazing the things you have done in your life, and I'm sure are still doing

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the jacket, it is so cute! And your post about writing made me chuckle.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dorothy, the sweater sizes are: 40 1/2, 42 1/2, 48 and 54 1/2" bust measurements.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Dorothy, Contact me..am writing my PhD...have mentioned our days at 2CH...would love to have a chat........Gayle Austin
    ozegayle@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Dorothy, Contact me..am writing my PhD...have mentioned our days at 2CH...would love to have a chat........Gayle Austin
    ozegayle@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you. xox