Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Crochet Inspiration

A couple of weeks ago I was inspired by Pammy Sue of Scotty's Place blog to make the Oveja Shawl (free on Ravelry) for my partner in the Australiacrochet Mother's Day exchange.  As usual I had to make a few modifications because of our 8ply yarn but the pattern is very easily adapted so you could use any yarn at all. I needed just over 400g of 8ply "Knitting Yarn" from the Top Dollar shop and used a 4.50mm hook. I did 64 rows of increases, 5 rows straight and 64 rows decreases.


Pop over to Pammy Sue's for the US yarn modifications and to see her lovely shawl.

For a bit of instant gratification, I made this little pouch the other day. You can attach it to your keys and pop a few spare dollars or even one of those trolley tokens in so you always have one when you go shopping. If you'd like to make one, there's a video tutorial by BobWilson123 on YouTube.  Only takes a few minutes to make.


Bendigo Woollen Mills have had their Murano 100% pure wool on special for $12.00 for a 200g ball so I just had to buy one to see what its like.  This yarn is usually only in their back-room and I don't know how long it will be on the website. I must say I love how its working up and the colours are striping nicely too.


That's just a small section of the corrugated garter stitch scarf I'm knitting - there's also green and purple there too.  Hope to have a ta-da on this soon.

Tomorrow I have to travel about 800kms north to attend to some urgent family business and I'm not sure how much crochet/knitting will get done, or even if I'll get the opportunity to write another post for a little while. Of course I'm taking my laptop with me as I don't want to miss reading my favourite blogs and keeping in touch with the world. I'll try and get a few pics to show you where I'm going - its such a pretty part of the New South Wales mid-north coast.

Thanks for visiting.
Dorothy
xox

5 comments:

  1. Please drive carefully and I hope the business you have to attend to isn't a sad thing. Your little coin holder is so cute and I bet all my grandkids would have fun with those. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your pink shawl! And thanks for the linky too. You just can't go wrong with pink in my opinion. I'd make everything pink if I could, but I have to stop myself. Have a nice and safe trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dorothy.. Love the shawl, lucky the person who gets that for swap and the little purse is cute.. Hope everything is ok with you and yours.. Hugs.. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the shawl.so pretty. Travel safe. Hugs pat..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you. xox