Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Home Sweet Home

I'm so sick of seeing that stupid bunny and horse every time I come here to access the blogs of my cyber-friends, that I simply must write this post even though I have very little to write about.

This has been my place of abode for the past two weeks ..........


yes - two weeks in hospital with the most excruciating pain I think I've ever had. They say it is a pinched sciatic nerve and the pain went from my left buttock right down the leg and into my foot. I was allowed to come home yesterday afternoon but am still on a concoction of drugs I normally wouldn't dream of taking and one in particular that I seriously want to be off as soon as possible.  I will be seeing my GP on Friday so hopefully she will start the 'weaning' regime.

When I was able to sit on a chair, I started on this baby blanket ... (a nicer blue than the pic shows)


I needed something I could work without a pattern and recalled a blanket Pammy Sue made a little while ago which I liked a lot so decided to make one too. I'm using a 4.00mm Etimo hook and King Cole Superball Baby DK which I bought online from Springwools in Ireland. It comes in a 250g ball but its now obvious that I'm going to need more than the one ball. Unfortunately they don't have the same dye lot but I've ordered more and am hoping that the difference won't be noticeable.  Fingers crossed !!

Wanna see the mischief my little mate Madison has been getting up to while I was away? (Actually she's not so little but I wouldn't want to hurt her feelings by saying she's fat) ...


Will I or won't I ?? Decisions, decisions .... ahhh why not ....


Hmmmm - not too bad but not as warm as my other bed ......


Wake me in the morning .... preferably at breakfast time !!

Thanks for visiting.
xoxox


6 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're home! I hope that darn sciatic is done being pinched.. ugh. I am also working on a "baby" blanket.. will tell the story in a blog post later today. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you are glad to be home, Dorothy! I know exactly the pain you are talking about and have had it too many times to count. Unfortunately, nothing to be done about it other than epidural steroid shots, which never worked more than a couple of weeks if at all, or surgery. Hope your doctor has found a solution for you. You know you have a sympathetic ear in me. Email me anytime! I'm still smiling over your package. Thank you again for all that. Loved your note. I'll be getting out to get you a few fun things very soon. I'll let you know when to expect it! You take care! (Love the cat pictures!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm...naughty Madison...but so cute! lol
    So glad that you are home again Dorothy...you've certainly had a rough trot! It's good to see you able to start a new project...that's a good sign that your recovery is progressing well! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry to hear you've been in such horrific pain, Dorothy!!! I'm glad you're home and hope everything is going well now. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry to hear you've been in such horrific pain, Dorothy!!! I'm glad you're home and hope everything is going well now. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope your feeling better soon, sciatic pain is not good

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you. xox