Thursday, August 28, 2014

Crochet Ta-Dah !!

Yes, I know that's a dumb title for a post but its the best I can do at the moment.

Here's my latest FO which is now nestling nicely in the top drawer of my grand-son to be's tallboy.


The sleeves were meant to be long but I ran out of yarn so we ended up with short sleeves which will probably better suit the weather for when Bub's due. Also should have had three buttons but I could only find two that suited the colour (which, by the way, is more of a baby sky blue than what it looks in the pic). The pattern is called "Bruce" and is from a little book I've had for ages called "Crocheted Matinee Jackets" by Vicki Moodie. I used 1 x 100g ball of Big Baby 4ply with a 3.50mm hook.

I'm still working on getting my craft room sorted out so haven't been doing as much crochet or knitting as I normally do - just fiddling around with little things. One of my Aussie Knit4Charity friends is turning 50 next month and is having a cyber birthday party which should be fun. She has asked if everybody who is 'attending' makes a three round motif to send so she can add the last round and join them together to have a memento of the occasion. We're all doing the same pattern ... here's my 'gift' ...


Breaking news ....... Local police hunting the "knitting needle nutter" who has stabbed 6 people in the last 48 hours, believe the attacker could be following some kind of pattern.

I'm outa here ... see you next time.
xox

5 comments:

  1. Love the little jacket Dorothy - your little grandson will look adorable in it. Great idea for a virtual birthday party. Have a good day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. That joke at the end made me laugh. So silly. So you do know your grandbaby will be a boy! Makes it nice to know so you can make and buy appropriate things. Love the little sweater and the color too. Can you imagine the little guy inside of it? Can you smell him? Oh, I can just thinking about it. Can't wait to see what else you make for him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *C*O*N*G*R*A*T*U*L*A*T*I*O*N*S*!* on a grandson to be! I so hope you can share photos of him in his little crocheted clothes!! LOL on the joke! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL.. to funny Dorothy :)) cute little top ,, it is exciting crocheting for new bubs... What else do you have in mind for the new bub :))
    hugs pat :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cardigan so absolutely precious!!! Lucky Bubs. You got me. I'm thinking "Whoa, who'd go around stabbing people with knitting needles?" when it dawns on me it's a joke. Loved it! Am still chuckling.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you. xox