Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Green Cathedral and other stuff

Thought it was about time I popped in to say hi and to let you know what I've been up to lately.  I had another trip 'up north' (about 700 kms north to be precise) and while there was able to do a little crochet, lots of house-selling repairs and re-listing, and the occasional little excursion.

As some of you know, my youngest daughter Natalie and her DH are expecting their first baby, a little boy (about the middle of November) so of course my focus these days is on baby projects. I did this My Chelle jacket in a couple of nights while watching telly ....


My friend Bev Matheson designed this lovely (and easy) pattern which you can get from either the link above to Ravelry or on Bev's blog, One Yarn after Another .

Also felt like some mindless crochet so bought some acrylic from the $2 shop and whipped up this scarf another night.


I had a few hours to spare a couple of days before leaving for home so I took myself for a short drive to the Green Cathedral which is on the shore of Wallis Lake. If you blinked while driving through the little town of Tiona, you'd miss it (both the town and the Green Cathedral). Services are held every Sunday and at other times, the odd tourist can be seen wandering down the track to this beautiful place.

down the path we go
check out those tall trees - bet they've been here awhile
looking towards the pulpit - see the pews made from trees
and from the pulpit
Turn around - what a peaceful sight
Speaking of peace, on the way back to my car I spotted this Peace Pole 



Nice sentiment in these troubled times eh ? 

Bye for now
xox


4 comments:

  1. The baby jacket is so cute - and your scarf looks very nice. The Green Cathedral looks like a lovely place to worship. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an uplifting post, Dorothy! Babies coming, crochet and a visit to an amazing place! What house did you have to fix and re-list? Curious! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful little crochet top Dorothy :)) I have not heard of the Green Cathedral, Thanks for sharing the pics and the Peace Post. Amazing to think there are 250 thousand in 180 countries.. Must check it out on Google Earth :))
    Hugs pat ..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes a very profound sentiment indeed! I have not seen any in the US. Hopefully they will be appearing here soon! Thanks for sharing this and your crochet talent:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you. xox