Saturday, July 2, 2011

Blog-a-Long ... A Year of Projects

I've joined a group of knitters and crocheters on Ravelry who have decided to run a year long personal challenge by committing to a certain number of projects and a public timeline. Today is the official start of Blog-a-Long and it will continue through to 1st July 2012. The idea is to either work your way through every pattern in a book or make up your own list of things you want to make during the next year (this will be my choice). I'll be posting about my progress every Sunday so if you're interested, please drop by to see how things are going. I have lots of odd balls of yarn that needs using so have selected things that hopefully will help in my de-stashing effort. I also need to allow time for additional ad-hoc projects that take my fancy and of course keep up with my charity items. Anyway, here's my list ....

Victorian Fingerless Mitts (probably a few pairs of these)
Baby's Blanket (needs to be finished by end of August)
Child's cardigan
Queen Anne's Lace Scarf
Slouchy Hat
Saroyan Scarf
Washer and Soap Sack
Urban Shells Beanie (adult size)
Baby Jacket and Hat set
Starburst Hotpad
Kitchen Pants Dishcloths
Past Times Striped Hat
Fragrant Frock Sachet (few for gifts)
Booties (several pairs)
Australian Tartan afghan (already started and really needs finishing .. has been a WIP for way too long)

Wish me luck.

5 comments:

  1. You've got a lovely selection of projects there, looking forward to seeing how they all turn out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you have done a LOT of projects this year!! I feel like a piker! :-)
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good Dorothy, I think you are very brave :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of luck - don't think you will need it though ;-)
    Can't wait to see each project

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you. xox