Sunday, July 17, 2011

Year of crochet projects - update 3

Finished my Queen Anne's Lace scarf this week and am very happy with the result.
For the record, this is made with one ball of Noro Taiyo, Colour 6.

I don't know what got into me last night but I decided to make myself a needle case to replace an old piece of felt that has been lurking in my sewing cabinet for years and is very tatty. I'm using some pretty pink #10 cotton with a 1.75mm hook. Now that I'm into the rhythm of the pattern, it isn't too bad but it has been ages since I've used anything much less than about a 3.5mm hook so its quite a change for me. Hopefully the ta-da moment will come later this week.

I've also changed one of the items on my YOP list - well not actually changed it but have come across the crochet version of the Saroyan Scarf so will be doing that instead of the knitted one.

Hope you all have a happy and productive week. Thanks for visiting and for all the lovely comments on last week's post.

17 comments:

  1. That scarf is gorgeous! I wish I crocheted. My post will be up tomorrow--still Saturday night here--
    *smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so pretty!

    Good luck with your needle case too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That scarf is gorgeous and so you should be pleased, well done on a finish and the colours are beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  4. The scarf has turned out spectacular! The colours have grouped so well!

    I think as the year goes on all of our lists will undergo a change or two!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The scarf is beautiful, that's impressive too that you can get that whole thing with one skein! That's particularly nice I think given the price of the Noro. I always love their colors when I see the yarn at the LYS, but often it doesn't feel very soft to me, how was it while you were working it up?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the lovely comments ladies. Sandy .. the Taiyo isn't all that soft to work with but I think the beauty is in the way the colours work. It goes thick and thin and at times you think it might break but it is quite strong. It is 40% Cotton, 30% Silk, 15% Wool, 15% Nylon
    Yardage: 220
    Although expensive, you only need one ball for this scarf. Mine turned out 73 inches long.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Noro looks truly amazing and that is the perfect pattern for it. Beautiful. Apparently Noro softens up a lot with washing x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh that's so pretty Dorothy, the colours are spectacular, it's amazing to think that's all come from one ball of yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  9. yep, still love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The scarf is looking great! And eek! 1.75mm hook is so very tiny!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty. I love the colours. Noro is fun to knit with.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely scarf; especially lovely with all those colour shifts. Yay Noro!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The colour changes in your scarf are super

    ReplyDelete
  14. your scarf is absolutely beautiful - looking forward to seeing the crocheted saroyan too :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. So pretty! I always see things like this and go "WOW why don't I crochet again?" I'm going to learn soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you. xox