Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Itty Bitty Kiddie Mittens

So how do you keep the 2 year old's hands warm - fingerless gloves of course.  What else??   Just when I thought I'd done enough for the girls who work with my daughter, one of them asked if I could make some for her toddler. Its been a long time since I've held the hand of a 2 yo so it had to be a bit of a guess as to the size but I think these should fit.
Want the pattern?  Its one of those Clayton's ones - you know, the pattern you have when you don't really have a pattern.  All I did was ........
8ply soft yarn, 4.50mm hook.  Chain 23, work hdc in second chain from hook and to end of row, ch2 and turn. Now, working in the back loops only, continue with rows of hdc for about 4.5 inches (work through both loops for last stitch on each row).  Sew seam, leaving a gap of 3ch for thumb. Turn up cuff, voila !!




4 comments:

  1. These are so cute! I'm going to give them a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dorothy, I'm back from DC and able to read my fave blogs, like yours, and actually leave comments! I think I spend a jillion hours on the commenting.. but I think if you want them, you have to put the effort in leaving them. :-) Love all your gloves, I scrolled down to catch up. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These mittens are so lovely. I'm sure they will look adorable on tiny toddler hands.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dorothy, I'm really sorry to hear about your eye surgeries. I do hope you heal quickly and that they help with your vision issues.

    Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you. xox