Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Eve

With just a little over an hour left before the big day, I thought I'd pop in and wish everyone a wonderful Christmas.  Tonight we had our usual family Christmas Eve dinner on the raclette which is always relaxed and enjoyable.


We originally planned to have our meal outside under the pergola at the back but late this afternoon we had a huge storm and some very heavy rain so we decided that the dining room seemed a better option. I just heard on the news that a fallen tree has severely damaged a home in a few suburbs away from me and four homes in another suburb had to be evacuated because of a gas leak.  When the rain stopped and as the sun was setting, the gum trees at the front of my house looked as if they were on fire.  This picture was taken through the dining room window.


I cooked our turkey this morning so its just the veggies to be done tomorrow after all the excitement of gift giving/receiving is over. We'll be having ham, turkey, roast potatoes, pumpkin, sweet potato, onion, peas and beans, followed by plum pudding and custard.  Very traditional - that's us !! Hot Christmas dinner with the whole family - I love it !!

Merry Christmas 
xoxoxox

3 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Dorothy.. The sun is shining through the window beautifully this morning... Enjoy the day :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so lucky to have the whole family with you for dinner!

    ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉
    *M*E*R*R*Y* *C*H*R*I*S*T*M*A*S*!*
    ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉

    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you. xox