Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Oh dear, what can the matter be ?

For some strange reason I've been lost for words lately, hence my excuse for not posting for so long.  Of course I've been keeping up with all my bloggy friends and enjoy reading about what everyone has been up to.

I do have one FO to show you - this little baby's dress which is for charity. It was a very enjoyable project and I'll be making this one again ..


The pattern included some leggins too - might make them one day.

Last night I stumbled on a video on YouTube for a scarf in a stitch I don't think I've seen before - maybe someone can let me know what the stitch is called. You can see the video here. I had some Lion Brand Wool-Ease in my stash so I used it to start one of these cowls - its very soft, very stretchy and looks good so far. I should have a picture for you soon.

When I had lunch with my friend L last week we got talking about op-shop shopping which we both enjoy.  I promised to show her a pic of a sweet little jug I picked up for a few dollars at Vinnies - it stands about 4-5 inches high and looks pretty with a few flowers in it.  Unfortunately I didn't have anything in the garden the day I took this photo.


Another goodie I was lucky enough to get from freecycle is this little chair (child's size) ..


I intend to make a small cushion and throw for it and I think it will be perfect for my Berenguer Reborn doll Charlotte.   You've met Charlotte before - here she is wearing a hat I made for her a few years ago.


Before I finish, I'd like to congratulate Bev from One Yarn After Another on having her Tunisian Mitered Square baby blanket pattern published in the February 2013 issue of Crochet World. I received my digital copy today and have already added this blanket to my 'to do' list. Its a beauty Bev.

Thanks for visiting and if you can enlighten me as to what that stitch is called I'd be grateful.  Mind you, I could be having a 'senior moment' here but I really don't think I've seen it before.

xoxox


7 comments:

  1. So happy to see you blogging again. The little dress is adorable! Where did you find that pattern? Also, thanks for commenting about my blanket pattern being published. You are such a sweetheart! I love your finds. That pitcher is beautiful and the chair so precious.

    About the stitch: No idea what that is called. I've used it before but I don't know it's name. I'm going to have to make one of those scarves though. Thanks for the link.

    Big hugs!
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny, I was thinking about you yesterday, hoping all was well

    Cute little dress

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Dorothy,Beautiful little baby dress :)) It would look so sweet with the leggings..
    The find in the op-shop is a beauty also, the jug is stunning...

    As for the stitch... No idea, but thinking I would like to try it :))
    Have a great day :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dorothy, you seem to be in good company of those who have lost their blog mojo. I hope you get it back! Love your little dress.. will go see the youtube video.
    ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉
    *M*E*R*R*Y* *C*H*R*I*S*T*M*A*S*!*
    ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your little dress is so cute and girlie. I do love making baby dresses too. Lately, though, I've lost all my crochet mojo. It's gone. No clue when it will return.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dorothy, I made the scarf and it's a fun, fun stitch. I'll blog about it today. Thanks for the link. I'm going to make another one today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a lovely little dress Dorothy! Love that jug; I have a coffee mug in the same design.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you. xox