Sunday, August 24, 2008

Tuesday - Fog and Ice

Tuesday morning in Canberra was foggy and there were reports of black ice on the road so it was a good day to stay in bed just that little bit longer. I think it was about 10.45am when I set off for what was actually quite a pleasant trip.

Where the Federal and Hume Highways meet about 12kms south of Goulburn there a ruin which has fascinated me for ages so today I stopped for a better look. There is a small, old graveyard nearby and I'm assuming its a ruin of an old church. A newer slightly bigger graveyard is a few more meters along the road - must investigate that next time I'm passing by.

 


I love the new M7 motorway in Sydney - it takes quite a chunk of time off the trip and is so much more pleasant as far as driving goes. Even though its fairly expensive (I think my return trip will be around $15) its worth every cent. From the M7 I join the M4 just west of Blacktown, then onto the Great Western Highway near Westmead which is where I stay. Spent the rest of the day at the motel, watching some of the Olympic games on telly.

In my next post I'll tell you all about the craft show.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you. xox