Sunday, October 30, 2011

Thank goodness for crochet

It was starting to look as if I'd have nothing to report this week so I grabbed a hook and made this cute kids granny hat last night.

I've been working on a knit hat (part of my YoP hat challenge) for several days and it seems to be taking forever. Its so easy (just what I need) and is just k1, k1b every row - a stitch I'm sure you'll all know well. I wonder if its the pattern or just me but its growing so slowly. Hope to have a pic soon.

The weather here has been lovely this week - such a nice change from the long cold winter we've just had and the roses in my front courtyard have gone crazy. This pink Leonardo da Vinci always puts on a good show.

.. and the fragrance from these red beauties (forget their name) is beautiful.

Well, I'm off to bed now. Will be popping around to visit everyone tomorrow morning.

11 comments:

  1. The hat is just precious and the roses? Oh my! They are so pretty. Thanks for sharing their beauty and that darling hat. Is that a pattern of your own?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Dorothy...I love that hat and how you changed colors! Is the pattern available somewhere? I probably could figure it out, but I thought I'd ask so I don't have to guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky.. roses this time of year! Enjoy and I love the hat!!
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my word - those roses! The hat is darling, but those roses... Thank you for lifting a gloomy dark October evening with those lovelies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the garden at this time of year.. The colours are stunning on the roses and Rhodos this year..
    Thanks for sharing your pics..
    The baby hat is precious :))
    Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the lovely comments about the Granny Hat. The pattern can be found here
    http://suzies-yarnie-stuff.blogspot.com/2008/03/kids-granny-hat-c.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are right. Your roses are beautiful and lovely to see on such a gloomy day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are right. Your roses are beautiful and lovely to see on such a gloomy day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute little hat--I really love your pinks and color changes. OH, and your roses? Stunning! We are having quite a gloomy Fall day here, and are bracing ourselves for our winter which will be here sooner than later. Sadly, my flower days are over for now--I will live vicariously through your posts. Looking forward to seeing your hat--You will probably hit a point where wit will all seem to go more quickly....
    *smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Rob here thanks for coming over to my blog I love your blog to.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you. xox