Thursday, August 30, 2012

The Order and the Mystery

What do they say about the best laid plans?  I was set to get started on my baby blanket - had it all planned on paper as to how many of each colour etc. and was about to go into the stash to get the yarn when I had a phone call from my daughter saying that their office was very cold and could I make 2 pairs of fingerless gloves for her and her colleague and can they be ready to take to work tomorrow.  Well, what can a mother say but 'of course dear, what colours'?   Managed to get one pair done for her to take as requested but the other pair only got finished yesterday (just a day late).

You might recognise these - inspired by a pattern I found somewhere on the intetnet but heavily modified for our Australian wool and with a few design changes.  They're a big hit with the girls in my daughter's office.

The mystery KAL (knit-a-long) has started and I've just finished today's instructions which arrived by email this morning.


The KAL is being organised by Knit4Charities and is to run over three days. The squares (all either blue or white) will then be sent to one of our members who will make them into a blanket for a lady who, although not a member because she doesn't have a computer, is a very dear friend of the group and has supported many of our charities. She is facing a very difficult time at the moment.

I've always been fascinated by the Mobius scarf and especially so after receiving one in an Australiacrochet exchange a few weeks ago.  Because I'm easily distracted, I was playing around with some yarn last night and started a Mobius which is fun.  Now I have to finish it before getting back to that baby blanket. I wonder if other people are like me - see a nice pattern - have to try it, want some instant gratification - have to make something quick, and end up having lots of UFO's hibernating all over the place?

I'll pop back tomorrow and show you day 2 of the KAL but now for me, its back to the Mobius.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you. xox