Sunday, May 12, 2013

Australian Wildlife and Home Sweet Home

Seems like forever since my last post but I've been 800 kilometers away on the mid  North Coast of New South Wales, at a beautiful place called Tuncurry. I'm happy to be back home again and would love to just sleep for the next week but of course that won't happen.  Wishful thinking !!

A very welcome and regular visitor we had at Tuncurry was this beautiful Kookaburra which was so friendly


When it was obvious that he trusted us and wasn't about to fly off, my future son-in-law approached him and the little guy was quite happy to be tickled ..


And if that wasn't enough, he decided to come a little closer and joined us under the deck. How's this for trust - my grandson enjoyed a little pat too ..


Seems the birds aren't the only friendly creatures up that way. This baby lizard was quite happy to pose for this photo before being returned to his home behind the shed.


As I was driving home yesterday, I had to stop to get these shots to show you ..


There are four of these little bridges across the Pacific Highway a little north of Newcastle. Can you guess why they're there?


Yes, that's right - a special crossing for all those little koalas, wombats, or whatever to safely cross what is sometimes a busy highway.  What I'd really like to know though, is who teaches the fauna about the use of these special bridges and how do they do it ??

Before I finish this post and head off to bed, I'd like to take the opportunity to wish all the mums a very happy Mothers Day.

xoxox

3 comments:

  1. Hi Dorothy! Sounds like you've had a wonderful holiday and thanks for showing us the Kookaburra! They are funny critters! Welcome home and Happy Mother's Day! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mothers Day Dorothy :)) Lovely pics of the Kookaburra,
    hugs Pat :)) ps.. Welcome home..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those friendly animals are amazing Dorothy! hope you had a wonderful Mothers day too xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you. xox