Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Crochet Books & Crochet Hooks

So now its 9.25 pm here in my part of the world and the big day is almost over for another year. I do hope you've all had a lovely day with your loved ones and have enjoyed all the edibles and drinkables (is that a word) that we're allowed on this special occasion. Back to the 'good eating' tomorrow girls and boys !!

I bought myself a few presents this year so let's have show and tell time shall we?


These were the first to arrive and I must say they were quite a surprise. The whole set cost me $4.99 with free postage so I wondered what the quality would be like. Well they are almost as good as my very favourite Etimo hooks, and that's saying something !! The sizes in the set range from 2.5mm to 6.00mm and the handles are a bit like the Knit-Pro hooks - not hard, not real soft but quite comfortable to use. I read somewhere that if your hook doesn't glide easily through the yarn, put some hand cream on it, give it a little rub then wipe it off so that's what I did with these hooks and as I said, they're surprisingly good.

Next came two books from the Book Depository - more free postage and one of my fave online bookstores.


"Connect the Shapes" by Edie Eckman - I love this book !! It has 101 new motifs with innovative, easy-to-follow techniques for joining them together. The designs are modern, patterns easy to follow and the colours amazing. The patterns include a place mat, shawl, pincushions, baby blanket, flower garland, vest, lacy skirt, lamp shade, and more. The book has 271 pages and I reckon its well worth the $21.16 AUD.


The second book is "30~Minute Crochet" by Carol Meldrum and it contains 60 quick and easy projects.


I'm thinking this will be useful for embellishments or small gifts that can be whipped up quickly. Too many projects to list but the book has 128 pages and cost $15.18 AUD.


So there we are .... show and tell over. I'm happy and am sure everything will be quite useful.

Before I finish this post, here's a small glimpse of Christmas as it was at our place -


Thanks for visiting.
xox

7 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Mary, and if you don't mind me asking...where did you purchase your hooks from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My apologies Dorothy, didn't mean to call you Mary!!! My multitasking is way off this morning!!! Oops :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas, Dorothy!! Love the hooks and the books. What fun to sit and look through them and then try some things out with your new hooks. We're having a nice quiet day at home...just the way we like it! Bread pudding is in the oven. Doesn't that sound so Christmasy? May we all have good health and happiness in 2014! XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, lots of fun things for you and I love the doggie in the last shot. I'm with you.. after the holidays we're going back to salads and smaller portions.

    *:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*
      *H*A*P*P*Y* *N*E*W* *Y*E*A*R*!*
    *:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*

    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need new hooks and am in Austrslia would you mind sharing where you got your new hooks? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry Christmas to you and your family Dorothy :)) I can see some ooing and aring with the books.. fab patterns too :))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy new year Dorothy.. The hooks look great, similar in style to the soft touch I bought.. Would it be rude to ask where you bought them?? What fun to spoil yourself so.. well done.. Hugs. Tina xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you. xox