Saturday, November 28, 2009

All the Cs .. cute, Christmas, chocolate & crochet

I've discovered a really fun site on the net that I want to share with you, also a very easy and very more-ish recipe which is great for this time of the year as its ideal for 'take a plate' Christmas functions.

First let me show you this ....



Its been so much fun for the past hour or so making magazine covers for my family. When you're done, its easy to copy and paste into an email, or save the image as a .jpg file on your computer. Ýou don't have to register or anything like that and its so easy to do. Here's the link if you want to amuse yourself for awhile. The gorgeous baby is, of course, my grandson who is now 7 years old. I think he'll get a chuckle seeing his pic on the cover of this mag.

The silly season is well and truly here and I got my first (secret) Santa present yesterday. I received this lovely teatowel and a veggie peeler wrapped up in pretty paper and tied with a bow ! It will be very useful as some of my older teatowels have become a bit grotty and need replacing.



We had a lovely morning tea and of course everyone brought a 'plate' (with food on it of course) to share. If you're looking for an easy, no-cook, no fuss slice recipe, try this ..

Peppermint Crisp Slice

1 tin condensed milk
2 peppermintcrisp bars
1 x 250g Marie biscuits

Crush biscuits, add chopped bars and condensed milk. Mix well and press into a slice tin. Melt 125g cooking chocolate and 50g copha. Pour over slice.

I lined my tin with baking paper and it was very easy to lift out. By the way, I dare you to stop at one piece !!!

On the crochet scene, I've been hanging out for my order from Bendigo Woolen Mills to arrive. I have three balls of their "Luxury" machine washable wool on their way and I'm dying to get started on another baby blanket which I hope to have ready for our CWA craft competition in March. I'm going to use this pattern again. Its from Leisure Arts "Our Best Baby Afghans" and I used it for this gift for one of my DD's co-workers about a year ago.



Think I've rambled on enough for tonight so I think I'll go make a cup of coffee and have a piece of that Peppermint Crisp slice that keeps tempting me every time I open the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you. xox