Saturday, December 4, 2010

The UFO that will have to wait another day

Oh dear, I've made a mistake in my knitting and had to put it down as I'm hopeless at knitting backwards. Too keen to finish, I missed a row in the pattern so I'll have to go visit my friend tomorrow (hopefully) so she can fix my mistake. I'm making a scarf in Noro Silk Garden and really want to get it finished.

The premmie hats are on their way to the Knit4Charities member collecting on behalf of the organisation who asked us to help them out. I think I ended up making about 18.


Another FO for today is a little pair of premmie booties. These were meant to be for a large premmie but I think the next size up would have been a better size. These ones only measure about 2.5 inches.


Its starting to feel a bit like Christmas at our house. My daughter put up the tree and some lovely decorations this afternoon and there are already several gifts under the tree, along with the empty stockings for Santa to fill. The cat will probably have a ball after everyone goes to bed tonight.

Do you remember the mini Christmas stockings I was making a month or so ago? This was another Knit4Charities project and we were aiming for 5,000 stockings. Well, we got to a grand total of 4,613 which we all think was a pretty good effort. This means that Christmas for that many disadvantaged children will be a little brighter this year. I'd like to again thank Pat in Tasmania who also helped with this challenge and made some lovely little stockings.

1 comment:

  1. The little booties are gorgeous.. Well done on your knitting for charity.. Helping others is such a worth while way to spend time..
    Thankyou also for the link I do appreciate it..
    "It is begining to look a lot like Christmas" :))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you. xox