Thursday, September 8, 2011

Bloomin' Beautiful

They were all beautiful .. the flowers, the food, the sunshine and the company. Had lunch with my friend L yesterday and just happened to have my camera with me. These lovely double jonquils were all along the pathway from the carpark to the little cafe where we had lunch

Check out little hairy legs

Mmmm .. warm chicken and mango salad - tasted as good as it looks too

Its so nice to be getting some warmer weather after our long cold winter although as always happens, we'll no doubt be getting more of the cold stuff for another few months. Some of the flowers in my garden are starting to bloom and are brightening things up a bit.



I received this book in the mail today

It has 150 gorgeous border patterns by Edie Eckman and I'm sure it will be a very useful addition to my pattern library. I also bought "50 More Crocheted Afghan Borders" by Jean Leinhauser - again some lovely border patterns but I think of the two books, the former is my favourite.

Haven't been doing much crochet or knitting this week and probably won't have much spare time over the weekend either as we'll be busy celebrating my grandson Ryan's 9th birthday. House full of visitors = not much crochet time.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, to see your Spring flowers when Autumn is closing in on me is amazing. Enjoy them and I'll enjoy seeing them on your blog.
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you. xox