Thursday, September 15, 2011

I'm late, I'm late for a very important date

Well, better late than never I always say !! This is a late Year of Projects post that should have happened last Sunday but due to other exciting events (like family visiting for grandson's 9th birthday) .. it didn't happen.

I have a couple of finished items to show you today. I'm happy to say the last of my orders is finished.

The colours are beautiful in this one but I wasn't happy to find a knot 3 meters from the end of the ball. The nature of this yarn requires a knot at the end so I opted to finish the scarf off before the knot as I felt that two knots close to each other close to one end of the scarf might be noticed.


My placemat is also finished and is being used every morning - love the colours in this too.

And finally for today, I was surfing around the crochet blogs and sites a few nights ago and came across this cute little baby's pattern. Of course I grabbed some yarn and a hook and in no time had this cute little hat -

Enjoy the rest of the week.

4 comments:

  1. The scarf is awesome! I've heard those yarns can be challenging to crochet with, but well worth the effort, I love the effect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite thing is the placemat. I love doing kitchen things. I did a watermelon hot pad but haven't added the "seeds" yet. Need to do that. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The yarn used in your scarf is wonderful.. I want one :))
    Happy Birthday to your grandson Dorothy, I hope he had a fab day ..

    ReplyDelete
  4. That hat is adorable! Your work is so very pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you. xox