Sunday, February 17, 2013

Bloomin' Crochet - Flowers that is

Figured I should post to let you know I haven't dropped off the planet. Its been quite awhile - I really ought to try to post more often. I do enjoy reading everyone else's blogs and follow my favourites each day.

For some inexplicable reason, I got the urge to make flowers last week. Don't know what I'll do with them but it was lots of fun playing with the different colours.

I've seen teapot cosies adorned with lots of flowers on the top but I don't actually know anyone who uses a pot these days. Teabags seem to be the go when you're going to have a cuppa. Maybe these might end up with a pin back or even sewn on to a hat.

Still have a few works-in-progress - the urge to knit hit me again yesterday

This little hat is very easy and the pattern is free here.  I'm halfway through the crown shaping so should have a ta-da for you tomorrow.

Also on the go is this baby's blanket

I'm going to have to stop buying King Cole yarn as I can't resist starting something whenever I receive a package. This is one of three blankets on the go with yarn for another in my stash.  Maybe I should make a rule not to start another till at least one is finished. I wonder if other people are like me - compulsive project starters with several WIPs at any given time?

I have another recipe for you today. Many years ago I was the Activities Supervisor at a nursing home and we had the most awesome chef who always provided the most yummy morning teas and lunches.  This spread (or dip) was a favourite of the residents (and me) and goes very well with savoury crackers.

Larry's Savoury Spread

1 chicken cube
250g Cream Cheese (Philadelphia in Australia)
450g crushed pineapple (drain juice)
1/2 tin corn kernels
200g gherkin, chopped
100g finely chopped ham
1 tablespoon parsley

Cream cheese, add all other ingredients and mix well.
Will keep in fridge for 2 weeks.
Can be made smoother by adding pineapple juice to be used as a dip or left firm to be used as a spread.
**********
That's it for today ... see you at 'your place'. Have a great week.
xoxox

4 comments:

  1. I love your flowers! We're taking it easy after a crab feed last night. Dayle is making bean and ham soup and home made cornbread. YUM! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your projects Dorothy! Those flowers are so beautiful. That hat yarn looks so lovely and soft. The crocheted blanket looks really great...is there a site somewhere that has the pattern...might make a nice change from knitting for me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the flowers , bright and happy..they would look good on a coat or jacket :))
    It is so hard not to start new projects,but I am sure we will see a pic of blanket soon :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the flowers and the baby blanket. I still put flowers on Tea Cosies and people still buy them occasionally so there are still teapot users out there.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you. xox