Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The next lot

Its been a busy and somewhat stressful week. I've been working on more squares for Crochet-a-Rainbow and have sent my 36 off to Sarah this morning. I now need a break from them for awhile to do some other things. Here's my second lot of squares and then a pic of the whole lot.




I needed a second 7" square for the Australiacrochet group's exchange, so I whipped up this cutie which was designed by Jane.


Jane designed this square for charity so if you visit her blog and get the pattern, please consider making a few for charity. If you're looking for a worthy cause, you'll find heaps of suggestions at Knit4Charities.

Going around in circles for awhile instead of squares seemed like a good idea so I made a couple of coasters which I'll put away for something later in the year. I love this coaster pattern which I've had for many years so I can't give you a link to it I'm afraid. You can probably just work it out by looking at it if you're interested.


The other half of my bookdepository order arrived this week - whoopeee


Its just a stitch dictionary but I think I'm going to enjoy learning a few more of the double-ended hook stitches. At the moment I'm trying to decide between a tea cosy and a baby's blanket. Maybe the cosy will win out as its smaller and I like instant gratification. I find crochetnit quite relaxing and very interesting.

My real downer for the week was that one of our darling little Japanese Chins went to doggy heaven yesterday. RIP Willoughby 1 May 1998 - 31 January 2011

A grand champion right to the end.

6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful lot of colour, Dorothy.
    As for the new book, that certainly looks challenging. I know you crochet and knit. Let us know how this fits in with both

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous colours Dorothy, Well done on the project..
    The book looks very interesting. We will need an update on that one :))
    Little Willoughby will be missed..They have that special place in our hearts ..
    Hugs pat :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Dorothy, I **love** your squares, the colors are delectable! So sorry to hear about the pup, we have just one Cairn Terrier and he's are baaaaby. Hugs, Teresa from Oregon

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry about your dog, always sad.

    You've done a remarkable job on your grannies for the project and your other square is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Dorothy,

    your Grannys are beautiful...love all this colourful colours!
    You do a great Work.
    Send you many Greetings and enjoy your Week,

    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful baby. I have a hard time losing my babies. I have one left, Leo.

    Love your crochet.
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you. xox