Sunday, July 21, 2013

Crochet Ta-Dah

I've been wanting to write this post for a few days as I finished my NZ wool scarf earlier this week.  For some reason my camera didn't get the colour right on either of these two scarves, but if you look at my last post you'll be able to see what its supposed to be .....


I love the pattern in this scarf which I got from here.  Hook was 5.00mm  and the yarn is 8ply.

My other FO is made with Patons Zhivago in a very pretty shade that hasn't shown up properly here but in amongst the shades of fawn is a very subtle pink - hardly noticeable but it makes for an interesting colour. I felt a simple pattern would work best so used a V stitch with a 5.00mm hook.


I don't know if I told you but a few months ago we had to bring my 83yo step-father to live here as he was no longer able to take care of himself. He was 800 kms north of us where the climate is much more temperate and since we're currently in the middle of winter, he's really feeling the cold. I've decided to make him a nice warm 100% pure wool beanie which I started tonight.  Will show you a pic when its finished but for now, there's a little lovely girl who wants to say hello ....


Have a great week.
xoxox

3 comments:

  1. Lovely :-)
    Angie from lemondedesucrette.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous scarves and I do love that lovely camel color on the 2nd one. How nice of you to help out with your stepfather and make him a warm hat, too! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you. xox