Wednesday, July 31, 2013

WIP and loving it !!

A few days ago Pammy Sue from Scotty's Place posted about an absolutely gorgeous doiley she had just finished. If you missed it, pop over and have a look - its a real stunner.  I was SO impressed, and since I haven't done anything like this in ages, I just had to grab some cotton and get started.  Thank you for inspiring and motivating me Pammy Sue - I'm loving it - in spite of the zillion cluster stitches, most of which I'm just about to start as you can see by this pic ....


Hope it won't be toooo long before I can show a picture of it finished.

The only other thing I've done lately is this hat for John.


He is currently in respite care and they're often outside so I thought he could do with a nice hat to keep his noggin warm.  This was an old pattern and I used Bendigo Woollen Mills Classic 8ply which is one of my favourite yarns.

My blogging has been a bit sporadic of late - I keep promising myself to be more regular but 'things' just seem to get in the way.  Anyway, till next time, enjoy whatever makes you happy.  See you at your place.

xoxox




4 comments:

  1. You'll love it, Dorothy! All those bobbles are worth it in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to do a doily too.. I use them all over my house. Currently I'm doing a yo-yo centerpiece for the holidays! I might make some yo-yo coasters for gifts. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is lovely Dorothy, can't have to many , Did you use 4ply ??

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you. xox