Wednesday, January 6, 2010

(Almost) Instant Gratification

The green scarf I started last week is growing slowly but I think the pattern repetition is becoming a bit boring. So, feeling like a bit of instant gratification, I whipped up this little hat this afternoon. It will be going to the Gold Coast Hospital which is one of the charities I'm supporting this month. The pattern was free on the net and can be found here. I think next time I use it I'll add another round of the treble groups before the edging so it will be just that little bit longer. My model Charlotte is around newborn size and you can see its not an overgenerous fit on her. Perhaps they might use it for one of the premmies.



The pattern uses American worsted weight yarn and I used 8ply so that would account for the snug fit. Its a very easy basic pattern and I think I'm going to play around with it a bit next time.

Oh well, back to the scarf !

2 comments:

  1. Now that is something I maybe able to make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course you can Rell. Why do you keep doubting yourself ? Give it a go girl, and let me know how it turns out. BTW sounds like you had an awesome day. Loved the pics.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you. xox