Friday, January 22, 2010

Friday's FOs

When I received my Etimo hooks earlier this week, I promised myself to finish the scarf I was working on before trying out my new hooks. Confession time !! I couldn't wait so whipped up this little soap sack the other night.

Nothing fancy but at least I got to try my new hooks, and I must say they are wonderful.

The Bendigo Classic wool was beautiful to work with and I'm happy with the finished look of the scarf. It took about 150g so one ball was more than enough. The scarf measures 5 inches by 66 inches.

Not sure where this scarf is going but it is my colour so maybe I just might keep it for myself.

Today's project (yes with the new hooks) was this little premmie hat which will be going to the Gold Coast hospital which is one of the January charity of the month (CotM) for Knit4Charities. I have several other ones made and will be sending them off next week.

The charity I've selected for February require bedsocks so I'll probably get the knitting needles out for these.

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous scarf. You deserve it; because of all the good you do for the RSPCA. I have been knitting premmie hats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rell. I think its the gorgeous wool that makes the scarf look so nice. I'll be buying more as it works out quite inexpensive compared to other brands.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you. xox