Monday, January 4, 2010

Beware of Snakes

That was the notice that greeted me as I got out of my car at the RSPCA this afternoon ! I've seen it before and have wondered if the sign is there to protect the snakes or the people. The coast seemed clear so I made my way into the reception area with six bags of kitten blankets made by the lovely, generous members of Knit4Charities (an internet based group). We have set ourselves a challenge to provide 1500 kitten blankets as I was told that's how many kittens go through the place each year. So far we are up to 997 delivered. As I entered the cattery, a kitten was about to go to his new home and I was able to get these photos.


Note the lovely blanket!



This little guy's new adoptive parents were thrilled to think their new baby was going to be famous and be on the internet.

I can never leave the RSPCA without visiting the other cats and dogs - here's a few more pics I took today ....
I apologise for the quality of a few of these but conditions weren't perfect. These four babies were in the outside run and obviously preferred NOT to sleep in their bed.



The curious look on this little one was so cute - bit hard to see in the pic though.



I took this next one for two reasons .. first, this was a beautiful, friendly mature cat still waiting to be adopted, and secondly to show the ladies on K4C the boxes used for their beds while the cats are there and fold over to form a carry box to go to their new homes. I've tried to describe them in group messages, but its so much easier to work out if you see a picture.



And now off to the kennels ... meet Kimmi! This little lady appears to be still in her New Years Eve party dress. I love the way the kennel people look after the dogs there. You can usually see people wandering around with dogs on leads - a treat which the dogs obviously love - so much nicer than being in a pen all day, and you can always see a few dogs sporting bright bandanas - I guess the ones that tolerate it.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing Dorothy. I don't know how you do it. I would want to take all the cats home... LOL....

    Reminds me: Rell post those blankies to Dorothy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its hard but I think our cat Madison would be upset if I brought another one home. As it is she has to put up with our little Japanese Chin dogs. There was a cat there yesterday who was just about pleading with me - meowing, paws up towards me etc. It was one of the ugliest cats I've ever seen - very scruffy (talk about a bad hair day), but oh so charming. If I could have, I would have brought him home.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you. xox