Sunday, January 3, 2010

Politics and Playschool

Well, our Prime Minister Kevin Rudd has announced that he's publishing a childrens book with co-author Rhys Muldoon (from Playschool) based on the Prime Ministerial cat and dog and their adventures in the grounds of Kirribilli House. "Jasper and Abby & the Great Australia Day Kerfuffle" will be published next month and the money raised will go to charity. Mr Rudd said his Golden Retreiver Abby and black cat Jasper have both been interviewed and their responses were very cooperative but they are not expected to receive royalties. Now this is one book I think I'll have to add to my 'must read' list for 2010 !!

Talking of 2010, Happy New Year. The messages have been coming thick and fast and here are some of my favourites ... In 2010 my wish for you is to have the time and ability to do the things that make you happy (Pam from K4C); May you have all you want and want all you have; May your hair, your teeth, your face-lift, your abs and your stocks not fall, and may your blood pressure, your triglycerides, your cholesterol, your white blood count and your mortgage interest not rise; May the telemarketers wait to make their sales calls until you finish dinner, may the commercials on TV not be louder than the programme you have been watching, and may your cheque book and your budget balance; and finally, May you remember to say "I love you" at least once a day to your spouse, your child, your parent, your siblings, but not to your secretary, your nurse, your masseuse, your hairdresser or your tennis instructor.

My wish for you is all of the above !!!

And now my hook and yarn call so I'm now off to do more of that scarf.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you. xox