Sunday, May 17, 2009

Mingling with the Stars (of the 60s) JO'K & Co

Old photographs, memories, my little bit of the story ....... The following photos were taken during the exciting rock'n'roll era when the Australian music industry was in its infancy. Johnny O'Keefe was mentor to many of the stars who were commencing their careers at the time and as a friend of JO'K, I also became friends with many of these people. A few of these pics were taken at my 18th birthday party.

This first one is of Robie Porter (Rob.E.G), myself, Dig Richards and my Mum. They were singing Happy Birthday at the time - can't you see I'm so happy !! Robie went on to form an Australian record company and also managed Marcia Hines and Rick Springfield. I read recently where Robie is now living and working in the US. He breeds horses and in 2006 formed another recording company.


Here's another one with Digby. Digby Richards continued to record and perform throughout the 70s. He died on February 16, 1983 of pancreatic cancer. He was only 41 years old.


This one with Johnny was taken in 1960.


Finally, here's one of my friend Joan, Lonnie Lee and myself. Lonnie is still doing shows and as a matter of fact I saw him a little while back - he's sounding as good as ever - probably much better than in the early days !!
Check out Lonnie's website for lots of interesting stuff.

Anyone for a "Blue Suede Cruise"... brochure here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you. xox